Saturday, January 26, 2008

Good morning!

Well, we're hearing they may see record turnout here in South Carolina on Primary day. They had 274,000 in 2004 and are hoping for 350,000+. It is sunny and seasonable as far as temps go so there appears to be a steady line at most precincts according to election officials.

We are working tonight but have already had quite a day. Remember when I said I was getting a cold? You might have noticed my voice was a little funny the last day or two. Well, I had to go to Urgent Care this morning and I have bronchitis. So, a little trip to the pharmacy and I'm on my way. I'll be honest, I can't wait to get home tomorrow and spend a little time in bed recuperating.

The brakes on my news vehicle have gotten worse and worse over this trip so we had to drop that off to get fixed as well!

Anyway, you don't care about that. We're headed to a polling place to check the pulse of voters then we're headed down to John Edwards' rally to set up. He's in the same location he was in 2004 but if the polls are right it won't be the best celebration for the candidate in his career.

We also have a crew coming down from our Charlotte station and they will be hanging out with the Barack Obama crowd, who is also in Columbia. Hillary Clinton is headed to Tennessee today.

So, we're off. I'll update as the day goes on.

Until then...

No comments: