Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Undecideds rule!

As much as we report on the state elections and would like to believe it's a hot topic, a poll today really tells otherwise.

The PPP poll shows Lt. Gov. Bev Perdue with a 41-32% lead and Kay Hagan with a 22-13% lead over Jim Neal in the U.S. Senate race. For Lt. Gov., that race is a 12-10-8-6% deadheat.

What those numbers show much more than a leader is the massive amount of people who either just don't care or are really confused about who they support.

In the Gov. race there is 27% undecided. In the U.S. Senate race there is a whopping 58% undecided, but the biggest news to me was the Lt. Gov. race. There are four candidates yet 65% of those polled were undecided.

Um...I would seriously wonder whether they are undecided or just don't care. Don't get mad at me for that comment. I care about those races and try to learn as much as possible about the candidates but I think it is clear at this point from those poll results that our state races are not important to average voters right now.

I'm not saying this is unusual with the primary still several months away. I'm just saying enjoy the holidays a little because it appears everyone else is without any worry of who their next leader will be in North Carolina!

No comments: