Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Breaking news...

It's deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Question?

What's the new deep fried food you will find at the 2007 North Carolina State Fair.

Question?

Why in the world is political reporter Tim Boyum reporting this on election day?

Good question.

Okay, so News 14 Carolina is sort of a network in this state. We have stations in the Triangle, Triad, and Charlotte. I am designated as someone who's story needs to air in all three markets every single day.

That means I'm not really eligible to cover local elections. Soooo, that left me with covering the media preview for the state fair.

The worst part is I didn't taste it, but everyone said this new deep fried food is to die for. They are also making Oreo and Smores funnel cakes this year.

And the drought is affecting the fairgrounds as well. The ponds look like any other lake and vendors are being told to cut back on washing tents and exhibits and animal folks are asked to use nozzles on hoses to prevent constant running of the hose.

Pretty good gig today huh?

I am hearing the turnout is dismal. I'll be curious to see what it's like for the mayor race in Cary.

No comments: