Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Obama on Edwards' affair

I was lucky enough to be one of two TV reporters in the state to interview Sen. Obama tonight in Raleigh and I was the only one who talked with him about John Edwards.

Here's what he had to say on that...

"I haven't talked to him but obviously this is a difficult and painful time for their family. My thoughts and prayers go out to them and I think right now john just wants to focus on healing the family and working things through for the good of their kids and I respect that and wish them all godspeed."

I had about four minutes to talk with him here's a few of the highlights.

He believes the race in North carolina is incredibly close He credits a terrific ground game, knocking on doors and making phone calls.

He highlighted that 30% of manufacturing jobs since Bush has been in office in NC are gone. He says John McCain is offering more of George Bush.

He is already working on his convention speech. I couldn't get a preview but he said he will contain a lot of the same themes he's talked about during the campaign.

He says we have to do everything on the energy front and if offshore oil drilling in North Carolina is part of a comprehensive package he's okay with it but he says we can't drill ourselves out of this problem.

Watch Political Connections Friday night at 6pm and Sunday at 11am to see the entire interview.

No comments: